The fall semester is upon us again, and what better way to begin than with not one but two nasty illnesses. Thankfully, these befell not the children, but the parents. I came down with a nasty case of strep throat--my first ever, as far as I can recall--that necessitated a 48 hour quarantine from the kids per doctor's orders. It worked. They both stayed healthy. On the very last day of my antibiotic course, I fell ill again. This time, bronchitis, and it seems I've shared that bit of yuck with Paul. It's been weeks since I've felt at all well or myself. Hoping this dissipates over the weekend because I have really HAD IT.
So what, then, are we celebrating?
Art! More particularly, I am celebrating Paul's newly discovered love for and incredible talent with photography. Since mid-summer, he has been playing around with our humble little digital camera and creating these decidedly un-humble images. He has done a series on clouds, on various natural and unnatural landscapes, but my favorite are his experimental abstract creations. I got his permission to post a few here to share with you. They take my breath away.
 |
| "Red & Green" |
 |
| "Canopus" |
 |
| "At the Impossible Shore" |
 |
| "An Endless Method" |
 |
| "Eastern Mountains" |
|
 |
| "The Viewer" |
Once again, these are
photographs that he has manipulated with color. Amazing. They look like paintings. I can't wait to see what they look like printed. He is having so much fun and it's wonderful to see.
People who have seen them--artists themselves--have told him he should look into exhibiting. I completely agree.
Art. It cures what ails you!
1 comment:
Wow, you don't show up for a few weeks and then bam! A new look for the blog! Looks great and yummy. Hope you stay healthy. We are currently dealing with a bug over here too.
Re: Paul's art, I can't wait until he opens his etsy shop. I've been enjoying all of his own work that he has been showcasing so far.
Post a Comment