 |
| Beaver Stadium |
I know what you're thinking. Why would Sheila and Paul include this strange, alien landscape in a blog post about their family life? Have they cracked? What's going on here?
All in the name of journalism! I was hired by Central PA Magazine to write a piece called "A Day in the Life of State College," and not only did I get to write the copy, but I got to take the pictures as well. And yes, of course I featured things that I like: art museums, cafes, bookstores, etc., but you can't really write about State College without writing about Penn State, and you can't invoke Penn State without a word about the engine that runs the machine of this place. Football. So, after 11 years of living here, I have finally seen the inside of this monolithic structure that seats 100,000 people, thus transforming our quaint hamlet into the third most populated metropolitan area in PA on game days. How did it make me feel? Queasy. Too wide a space and too far up. I can't imagine adding all those screaming fans. Overwhelming!
But the day we took this picture was a fun one. We dragged the kids all over campus and downtown, snapping photos of the various places I highlighted in the article.(which has not yet been published but I'll let you know when.)
 |
| All Sports Museum |
This is actually how we got to see the stadium, since the museum is attached. Kids loved all the interactive stuff. For example....
Okay so this isn't a kid. It's Paul and a wrestling dummy that he took a shine to.
 |
| We got yelled at for leaving the tour group right as I was snapping this picture... |
|
 |
| Josephine's eyes are Penn State Blue (just kidding!) | | |
 |
| Creamery strawberry |
 |
| post ice-cream hugs |
 |
| Rudy does not care about historical buildings. He is so done with this. Seriously. |
 |
| I mean it. I'm not coming. |
 |
| Look, just go on without me. I need to rest for a while... |
 |
| on this comfy bench. | |
|
|
And now just some fun candids to end the post.
 |
| she picked out this hat herself |
 |
| and put it on herself! |
 |
| Can you tell it was a long day? |
 |
| LOOK at those eyes! |
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment