
Well my girl, we made it! You have now been outside of me as long as you were in. (We're not going to count the extra five days you spent lingering in there before gracing us with your lovely presence, okay?) And I must say, your presence is big and undeniable and yes indeed, quite lovely! Over the last few months you have learned to crawl, pull up to stand and cruise along whatever surface you can grab. You have learned to wave "bye-bye" and to respond to your name. You recognize the words "ball," "kitty," "Rudy," "Papa," "Mama," and "light," and seem to be starting to grasp the word "no!" Since last week you've been babbling constantly and hilariously, often making sounds one would expect to hear from your brother's Pteraflactus. You are super cute.
You eat EVERYTHING I put on your tray: peaches, Cheerios, wheat toast, lentils, white beans, veggie burgers, rice, pasta, spinach pancakes, mildly-spiced Indian and Thai curries (!!!), corn, carrots, peas, bananas, garbanzo beans, pickles, prunes and potatoes. It's really fun to watch you enjoy your food so. I think it's even getting to your brother as his palate seems to be broadening suddenly.
Speaking of your brother, oh, the love! You two are a riot when you get going. He's been all over you lately, hugging, kissing, patting, squashing, and you take it all with a wide grin and a spark in your eye. No one in this house makes you laugh more than he does. This is the stuff of mother dreams. Perfectly delicious!
Today is beautifully bright and crisp, the light seems somehow clearer and more diffuse than it has all summer. It looks and feels like fall is impatient to get here. Anticipation is all around. It's like a switch got flipped: nine months out and you are more independent and happier than ever; nine months out and I am finally feeling the least bit confident in parenting my fiery, headstrong daughter and my intense and sensitive son. Nine months out and I am, I hope, coming out of the roughest part of my postpartum depression into a stronger emotional state. It took me the better part of these months to even recognize I was in trouble, but with the help of your Papa, I did and I got help. I feel so much better now, sweetie. I promise I will always do whatever I need to to stay healthy and happy for you and your brother. You two are my heart.
I love you,
Mama
1 comment:
Opa sez:
(1) "Cute little town" for that group photo is Hammondsport.
(2) Opa looks like Santa in summer (cozy red uniform in storage, beard still shaven for the summer season, reindeer foraging in Greenland)....
Post a Comment