I'll not go into too many details so as to save the sixteen year old Rudy who may one day read these entries some embarrassment, but it is a landmark day in the Bilger/Squillante household....Rudy pooped on the potty!
One week ago we bought the Last Bag of Diapers Ever and told Rudy that when they were done, they were done. Well, today was that day, and while it was a little touch and go for a while, and his anxiety seemed to be firmly in place, he finally did it, all on his own. And oh the pride! Mine, Paul's, and most wonderfully, his own.
(Yes, there are pictures. Paul took them before I could stop him. No, I will never, ever post them.)
So, off we went to McDonald's for a celebratory dinner, then over to a colleague's home to check out a swingset he is going to give us, and finally to Target where he got to pick out a special toy to mark the occasion.
I'm sure there will be accidents and mishaps as we go forward, but forward we shall go. And that is reason enough to celebrate!
If only there were some champagne in the house...eh, it'd probably just make me fall asleep.
(Paul just walked in and offered me a gin and tonic. O frabjous day indeed!)
No comments:
Post a Comment