Josephine has now written and illustrated three books: Schoopy Joopyjops, Whiskogugguppug Heh!, and the soon-to-be classic, The Trinta Balick.
Not to be outdone, Rudy penned his own tome, The Ingergok Monsters.
What follows are excerpts from each book. First, up, Josephine and her avant garde utterances. (as transcribed by her baffled and delighted parents)
From Schoopy Joopyjops:
Inky dokey dop.
Wookey Mookey Dop.
Jukee Stroppy Joke-ha. Jokee-hoo-Bob.
Gom bom bom.
Lek lok Pokky Dok.
From Whiskogugguppug Heh!:
Dyopk.
Go Slipty!
Chookee-Dook-op.
Get ready to JUMP!
From The Trinta Balick:
Kopa licka mobob.
jika-jika-ball.
Wama Wika-jika-wald.
Mengindejok.
Chompalikadonk.
Squappy-joppy-gweegawk.
THE END.
And now, introducing the Ingergok Monsters. Remember that each monster comes hand-illustrated by the author himself.
This monster's name is blower-upper.
I am an ear ball.
I am a ghostly ice cream.
I am a terror-hawk.
I am a monstrous rocket-fish.
That is a tree monst-star (not monster).
This is an invisible monstrous duck.
This is a triple-immense monster-halfman.
This is a cone-headed monster.
A monstrous R.
This is an immense ghost-monster-vampire.
I am a dinosaur monster.
This is a straight-backed monster or a tall V.
This is a man monster, a were-monster.
A giant ex-sty.
A ginormous bird flock monster.
That is a were-bride.
This is a pirate monster.
This is a spider star monster.
This is a ginormous goose monster.
This is a violin half monster.
I am a snail monster.
This is a big ginormous witch-monster.
This is a fish monster.
Which monster would you least like to find hiding under the bed? Which monster would be most likely to speak the language of Josie's books?



No comments:
Post a Comment