And nothing will ever be the same! Rudy did so, so great today and he was very excited for me to come here and tell all of you all about it!
I want to back up though and acknowledge that while yes, this transition is a big one for any kid, it has been particularly scary for Rudy, who struggles with transitions at almost every level, and particularly with the anticipation the precedes them. But we've been working diligently with him all year to prepare for this step and as he stood lined up with his class before leaving me and entering this brand new experience, I could see him rallying every bit of his courage and I was so totally proud!
Yes, a proud mother on the first day of kindergarten. I embrace the cliche!
| slightly unsure with backpack on head |
When I picked him up, I asked, "So if 10= the perfect day and 1= the worst possible day, what number day did you have?" He gave his day a 10! Why? Well, the chef salad, kiwi and chocolate milk for lunch was a big part of it, clearly. Also, circle time was awesome. And Ben and Genevieve, his buddies from preschool, are there with him and Ben called him "Rudes," which was apparently hilarious. And the playground is huge and there is a Chinese Dwarf Hamster named "Bugsy." And he got to wear his new favorite t-shirt that he got for his birthday, which says "Poo at the Zoo," and features renderings of animal dung of all shapes and sizes! Ben agreed that this was totally gross and excellent.
| starting to loosen up |
| eternal goofball |
| Basil from the garden for breakfast |
So here we go. Paul has helpfully reminded me that Day 2 is often harder than Day 1, so perhaps this update would have taken a different tone had I waited until tomorrow to write it. But today is today and today was fantastic! We are so proud of our brilliant, big kid!
| seriously, look at all those brains! |
1 comment:
Yeah, Rudes! I hope you like kindergarten more and more every day.
Cindy
Post a Comment