
Contemplating the apple.
This last picture needs a little context. I've been having a lot of fun feeding Miss apple-eater these days. She just enjoys eating so much. I've been trying to make things in bulk so that I can freeze individual pieces for her--for snacks and meals--so a few weeks ago, I made these polenta cakes simmered in chicken stock with fresh chopped veggies and herbs. They were really tasty and I thought they might do double duty if Rudy would also like them. So I offered him a try.He took the bite and then, very politely, actually, said, "No thank you, Mama."
Okay, I'm a big girl. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve meals for my family. So I asked him, "What don't you like about it, Rudy? Is it the taste or the way it feels?"
"I don't like anything about it, Mama."
Oh. Is that all?
Next time: pictures of Rudy with heavy machinery...


No comments:
Post a Comment